Learning new strumming patterns is one of the hardest things that a lot of new guitar players face. Some people find the coordination tricky, others find it nearly difficult to keep time, and still others fight with simply being able to strum while changing chords.
The strumming patterns you use will have a huge impact on how good a song sounds when you play it on the guitar, and in many cases, the strum pattern is one of the signature parts of the song. Learning how to strum a guitar therefore is quite important, and that’s the main focus of the lessons you’ll find in this category.
There are many different aspects to guitar strumming, for instance muting strings, adding dynamics, and blues strumming, among others. So if you simply want to learn a new trick, or if you’re really trying hard to master your strumming, pick one of the videos below, grab your guitar, and let’s get started!
- Acoustic Rhythm: Thumping? Drumming?
- 1 Powerful Strum Pattern + Counting Rhythms
- How Do YOU Add Dynamics Into Your Playing?
- Chug-Zing Strumming Technique
- The Most Popular Strum Pattern In The World
- Muting The E String
- Adding Dynamics To Your Guitar Playing
- Basic Guitar Strumming Tips For Newbies
- Beginner Tips On Guitar Strumming