Hi, my name is Jonathan Boettcher, and over the last few years I’ve helped literally thousands of guitar players finally understand their guitars, using just a few rarely-taught concepts that most guitar teachers avoid like the plague. Learning how to play guitar can be a lot of confusing work… or it can be a lot of fun. Most people get to the first part just fine, but never seem to make it to the second…
Let Me Tell You A Story…
When I was six years old – remember the good old days when life was carefree 😉 – my parents put me in piano lessons. My teacher was an old woman who lived across the street and down a block. I went to visit her once a week to learn how to play. You know what? She made learning to play more boring than watching paint dry. And as a six year old, if given the choice, I probably would have chosen the paint! She tried teaching me music theory, but it was like cutting down a forest with a pocketknife. More on that story in just a minute…
Can’t I Just Learn The Chords?
Most beginner guitar players start out by learning a few chords and some simple songs. That’s cool – its a good start. But as I’ve helped other people learn the guitar, I’ve observed that there’s a general lack of understanding as to exactly why we play what we do. More importantly, I’ve noticed this lack of understanding really slows down progress, and even worse – can make learning the guitar confusing and feel like a lot of hard work! The good news is – there’s a KEY that will…
Unlock Your Guitar Forever!
There’s this concept in music called I – IV – V. If that looks like Greek to you, it’s not – it’s Latin! I-IV-V (that’s 1 – 4 – 5 in English) refers to the root note (I), or tonic, and the two notes in perfect relation to it (IV and V). Because it is a numbering system, it is universal, and applies to every single key. Simply put – this lesson on I-IV-V will show you how the guitar fretboard is built on patterns of I-IV-V, and once you see the patterns, your guitar will come alive in a whole new way. You will play…
- Faster than you thought you could…
- More accurately than ever before…
- And more confidently, because you’ll know WHY!
I Will Give You The Key…
Understanding I-IV-V as it relates to your guitar will be the key that unlocks your guitar in your hands – unleashing your true potential as a player. I promise (more on that later). When I was a teenager, I started taking guitar lessons. My guitar teacher approached music from a totally different angle than I’d ever seen before. Suddenly theory not only made sense, but it came alive in my hands! Now I don’t play a note without knowing why (for the most part!).
From One Guitar Player to Another…
Let me tell you something – one guitar player to another. I-IV-V such a basic concept to the guitar that it is something every single guitar player needs to know (Even the very tuning of the guitar is based on it). It doesn’t matter if you want to be a rock star, or if your highest goal with the guitar is merely to strum a few chords around a campfire with some friends. Rockstar or campfire jammer – and everyone in between – you simply have to understand I-IV-V.
Some Rough Statistics…
- 4/5 musicians don’t understand I-IV-V properly, yet it is so important that the Pro’s communicate onstage in these terms.
- 95% of popular songs (in every genre!) are built on this formula, or variations of it.
So What Happened To The Piano Lady?
Remember I started telling you about my episode with the piano lady? Well, I ended up quitting after three months. My parents weren’t sure if I would ever like music again after that (good thing they were wrong!). The thing is… I DON”T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO YOU!
Learning Guitar Should Be FUN!
…. not as boring as watching the grass grow! Learning guitar can and should be one of the most fulfilling parts of your life – mastering an art that allows you to express yourself is truly priceless. There are many different guitar courses that can help you learn guitar… But none of them (so far as I’ve seen – and I’ve seen most of them by now) presents I-IV-V from the same perspective that you’ll be seeing it here.
The Perfect Introductory Lesson To The Guitar
Unlocking I-IV-V is the perfect introductory theory lesson to get you started on the guitar, or to reveal the secrets of the fretboard that have thus far been hidden from you…
- Learn why chord numbers are far more important than chord letters.
- Write your own songs and chord progressions effortlessly and endlessly!
- Instantly figure out all the relevant chords in any given key.
- Understand intuitively how guitar scales are created and formed.
- See the guitar in visual patterns instead of letters, names and notes. This is like navigating by familiar landmarks instead of street numbers!
- Figure out and play along with nearly any song in a couple minutes.
- Play intuitively and confidently by ear, without music!
- Learn how to build your own chords; never rely on clumsy chord charts again!
What ‘Unlocking I-IV-V’ is NOT:
- It is not a complete ‘learn to play guitar’ course. It is a single, 109 minute video lesson.
- It does not teach how to play chords.
- It does not teach you how to strum.
- It does not teach you riffs, licks, hammer ons, pulloffs, slides, bends or any other fancy ‘tricks.’
My Offer To You
If you were to hire a guitar teacher to sit down with you for 2 hours, and explain I-IV-V to you, it would cost you at minimum $120. Then you’d leave, and if you had questions later on or forgot something, you’d have to come back and pay again.
With the Unlocking I-IV-V DVD you can hit rewind and re-watch any part that you don’t pick up immediately. As they say, video is the most patient teacher in the world!
A Success Story
Plus, I’ll Throw In Three Great Bonuses!
- GUITAR CARE TIPS VIDEO: In this 21 minute video, I go through simple (yet often overlooked) steps you can take to preserve your guitar (available by download only). $27 Value
- CHEAT SHEET: The entire guitar fretboard with every note in beautiful detail. Print this out and keep it in your guitar case! $5 Value
- CHEAT SHEET: The major and minor chords in every key. Print this one out and keep it handy as well! $5 Value
Does Your Guitar Still Seem Confusing? If So…
I’ve explained I-IV-V to quite a few guitar players, and for many, it is like putting the final piece in a huge jigsaw puzzle: finally you get to see the whole picture, and you get it. The final gear drops in place, and you’re off to the races. Have you tried to learn music, but been intimidated by having to learn each key? Would you like a rule of thumb so you don’t have to memorize anything?. Discover why all keys follow the same patterns, just with different letter names.
A Success Story
Is Your Guitar Goal On This List?
- Be a rhythm strummer or campfire jammer or living room crooner
- You want to play guitar but don’t want to learn music or tab or…
- You know music and/or tab and want to take guitar further
- You want to learn how to solo and play lead lines…
- You want to play any of the following: Blues, Country, Bluegrass, Pop, Rock, Metal, Classical, Reggae, Funk, R&B fans (and more!)
But I Already Play Pretty Good – Is This For Me?
Honestly, I’ve met better guitar players than myself who didn’t understand the material I’ll be revealing to you. Any guesses as to what happened when they learned? Yup – their playing improved faster than a speeding bullet, to borrow a phrase from Superman. You can be a great guitar player, and yet know very little about how the guitar works. It seems strange, and yet I’ve seen it happen over and over again. However, as soon as those players get an understanding of what’s going on with their fretboards, they automatically improve further.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to be a good player already to use this? A: No! Unlocking I-IV-V is equally relevant for players of all levels. Q: Is this a complete ‘learn to play guitar’ course? A: No! Unlocking I-IV-V is an intensive 109 minute video that will give you a crash course on guitar theory. This course would be the perfect companion for a more complete guitar program, as it offers a unique perspective I’ve not found in any of the products I’ve reviewed.
Two Ordering Options
Unlocking I IV V is available in two order options (both contain the same material): Download Only, and DVD+Download. Either way, you’ll be able to download the lessons today and get started immediately. Please keep in mind that the download files are very large – around 1 Gigabytes in total – so if you have a slow internet connection this will take a very long time. For this reason, the DVD is recommended. The DVD will play in any computer or on your DVD player with your TV.
With Unlocking I-IV-V, You Will…
- Learn to quickly figure out what chords are in any song
- Learn to create your own chords, anywhere on the neck. Throw out those old clumsy chord charts forever!
- Play intuitively and confidently by ear, without music!
- Understand and master other guitar courses far faster than before
Let’s work together to take your guitar playing to levels that you never dreamed possible! To Your Success, PS. The I-IV-V lesson will greatly improve your knowledge of the guitar and your ability to play it, and it will also help you better understand many of the other guitar courses out there. PS. If for any reason you’re not satisfied, you’re protected by my 100% “No Weasel Clauses” 90-day GUARANTEE
PS. Your order includes the main lesson, as well as all the bonus material, including the cheat sheets and additional video content.